How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Chico
Security cameras can simply be used as a warning—a display that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras come armed with an array of tools all designed to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording options or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these features help you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Chico.
How To Set Up Your Chico Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your home security cameras in the optimal locations around your residence is the first place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic rooms like the living room or den. It’s also a great move to have a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to enter through to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear sightline of your porch, drive, and backyard, shed, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations within your home that are less vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity could reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Video Surveillance
Camera location is only the foundation for extracting the most from home security cameras in Chico. The features shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device whenever strange motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when motions are discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your video surveillance to film and store clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Most of today’s security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with people with the camera. With your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or welcome your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more comprehensive look at an area. Opt for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that are able to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will capture video of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and ignore traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date texts when the see something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Chico is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (530) 205-3977 or submit the form below to begin customizing your home security system today.