Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Chico?
Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Chico? Generally, there are three primary areas of your residence for video protection: your principal entryway, the outside perimeter, and strategic interior positions. Even though your provider will be able to advise where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Protect Your Main Entrance
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would try to casually walk in primary entrance, 34% of intrusions happen at this passageway. You can also count porch pirates among other threats to consider. Doorbell surveillance is able to tackle these types of possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you can chat with people who approach and engage the doorbell. By using your security app, like ADT Control, you can answer all engagements with two-way communications and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. Then if a person attempts something questionable, you will have your camera capture footage and send it to your smartphone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your External Cameras
Where to place home security cameras outside your residence is a more challenging task. Luckily, there are a handful of suggestions to make sure you’re well protected.
- Corners of your Chico home allow for an impressive sightline, as you can see two sections of your yard.
- Position underneath an eave or into a piece of siding or exterior trim are ideal locations for cameras as they will be partially hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is an easier entryway for burglars than you may know!
- Overlooking a deck or sliding door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, be sure to prune any brush and branches that may block your ability to see clearly.
Recommendations To Get The Best Results From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Chico. That same versatility means you have more factors to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are secure, the sunshine through a window may cast a glare on your video recording. Point the lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a guard tower, a video camera installed in an elevated area will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras on top of bookshelves or attached to a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Set your security cameras in locations where kids and your furry friends have no ability to interact with them. You might consider mounting or other ways of securing them to make sure they don’t fall if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best security camera won’t do much good if there is a houseplant blocking the view. However, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to cloak your recording devices. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (530) 205-3977 or submit the form below to get started.