If you’re like many property owners, you are looking for your home to be protected all the time. but, does a home security system work in Chico?
The quick answer: you bet. But, how do you get the most benefits from your home security system? Not only do the alarms and sensors provide wonderful security, the advanced components offer a level of convenience and management you could not have thought about previously. By adding automation, surveillance, and remote access through a mobile app, you will make your time [[easier|simpler] and more secure while also saving money on energy expenditures.
Let's take a second and explore why a home security system is a good recommendation for your property.
Essential Home Security Features
In order to make sure your Chico home security system works to the best of its ability, you’ll want these indispensable home security features:
- Entryway sensors: You might find this unusual, but many thieves come into your house right through your front door. The other most common entry points are back doors and lower-level windows. For these reasons, entryway sensors are deemed the foundation of your security system. When the system is armed and your door sensors are disturbed, the unmistakable, high-decibel siren will sound and your 24-hour monitoring experts will be pinged.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Don’t look for hard-to-work pin pads, as state-of-the-art smart screens now arm and disarm your system. These screens will also control your home automation, cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The best home security let you control every aspect of your security system through your security app. Now if device triggers, you will see a pop-up alert to your smartphone. Also, arm and disarm your motion alarms remotely, schedule your smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Security decals and yard signs: While there is no automation in an ADT sign or a window decal, they can alert a would-be burglar that your property is secure.
Can A Alarm System Actually Protect Your Home In Chico?
While it might feel like pearl-clutching to install sensors and set-up an app on your smartphone when you already have door locks and reside in a nice neighborhood, studies say that a security system will help guard your home. For example, a paper from Rutger University sees that most intruders will actively avoid houses with a security system installed. Instead they’ll opt to hit a faster house that is unprotected.
That backs up with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized homes don’t use a security system. In fact, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than homes that have an alarm system. And while displaying that your property have an alarm helps prevent instructions, other items -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also help dissuade thieves.
Of course, ADT home security can do more than buzz an alarm. Now you can use some other services that make a home security safer and energy efficient.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is The Best Backup To Your Alarms
Does a home security system work in Chico without 24-hour monitoring? Relying on a backup plan is always the best ideas and 24/7 monitoring from security agents can make certain emergency services get there faster after a triggered sensor.
Monitoring experts can secure your home day or night -- whether you are there or not. If you’re don’t hear the siren, your agent will contact you and the proper emergency service after a triggered alarm event. Even when you’re home, you will be busy making sure family members and pets are all wrangled up.
Install The Same Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, CO, and Medical
When you order your home security, you can cover more than motion detectors. devices like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be connected to your complete system. If an disaster is sensed, your devices will trigger just like your home security alarms. Then when the loud bell sounds, your 24/7 monitoring team are pinged, and a text will be sent to your mobile device.
You can even get a panic button, which can be easily attached to you or a loved one via a pendant, wrist band, or a clothing clip. If there is a fall risk or a serious medical condition, they can hit a two-finger button to contact the monitoring team.
Add Security, Responsiveness And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
The best automation alarms and cameras can bring you a tier of control and comfort you’ve never got before. They will make your house more efficient and responsive. And when you connect home automation to your home security, they will also make your home that much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lighting to make it seem like your house is inhabited when you’re gone.
- Have your hall smart lighting illuminate whenever your security camera sees suspicious motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to bolt your doors, turn off your smart lights, and turn down the smart thermostat when you leave for your day.
- Program custom scenes that can pre-set your lighting, temperature, alarms, and other components with one touch of a button.
- Or simply check on all your components and manage your alarms and cameras with your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll save with automation, and you’ll see how much you can use a state-of-the-art home security in Chico. You can even control your components with vocal commands when you connect your home security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Keep A Watch On Your House With Wireless Video Surveillance
Signs, decals, and smart lights are effective burglary obstructions, but video surveillance can take your security to a better place. The last thing an intruder wants is to be seen on camera as the footage might be used against them in a police investigation. You can choose from outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will allow you to see live feeds 24/7.
Do you need to investigate the noise you heard in the yard? Would you need to greet the kids after school? Has a groceries been delivered yet? All you need is to get the feed from your home security app. You may also receive texts on your phone whenever a delivery person rings the doorbell or your cameras sense sudden motion. You can then speak with visitors with the two-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Custom-Build A Home Security In Chico?
Want help in customizing a home security that works in Chico? Our home security professionals will assist in building the perfect alarms, home automation, and security cameras that can be bundled into one comprehensive package. Call today at (530) 205-3977 or send in the form below.